Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 82


SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Wealth without work,
Pleasure without conscience,
Knowledge without character,
Commerce without morality,
Science without humanity,
Worship without sacrifice, and
Politics without principle.

the seven deadly sins - Mahatma Gandhi


INTERFAITH PRAYER OF THE DAY

Prayer
Spirit of life and love--
Soul of souls
And sole of soles--
Thank you
For the ground of being
Upon which I am blessed
To place my feet
Each day.
Thank you for the light
Shining upon
Each path
That presents itself
Before me.
Thank you, spirit of life and love
Soul of souls
For the journey
You place before me--
The stroll
The saunter
The wondering.
The pilgrimage
The hajj
El camino.
Thank you for the forks
In the road
Which cause me to pause
To question
To discern.
Thank you for the labyrinthine way
No forks
No dead ends
Just going in
To find out.
Thank you, spirit of life and love
For the moonlight
For the walks along the highway
Among the willows
Searching for you
And finding you
In every step.
Every root
Every rut.
Every vista
Of the undulating riverbed
Of the floodwaters.
Thank you, spirit of life and love
For stability
For resilience
For strength
Involved in every step
Literally every step
I take.
And with every step I take
I give thanks
For all the kindred travelers
I encounter--
The birds
The couples
The dogs leading the way
The entourages
The single birder with his binoculars
Babies in slings
Old women with walking sticks
Speakers of foreign tongues
Squirrels
Turtles
Fish
And the two young women
In pilot shades
And porkpie hats
Both paused in a spot of shade
Looking seriously
At their smart phones
Immune
To the beauty
Around them.
May they some day
Tuck away
Gadgety things
Raise their eyes
And
Like Saul
On the road to Damascus
Be struck
By a call
To live life
Fully awake
Right here
Right now
On the path
They have found themselves on.
Spirit of life and love--
So may the same
Be for me.
May the walk
I walk
Find me
Lost
In humility
In awe
In beauty
And ultimately
In discovery
I have been found
By grace
Walking its way
To me.
believed to written by Eliza Galaher


A COURSE IN MIRACLES
LESSON 82
We will review these ideas today:

(63) The light of the world brings peace to every mind through my forgiveness.

Let peace extend from my mind to yours, [name].
I share the light of the world with you, [name]. 
Through my forgiveness I can see this as it is.


(64) Let me not forget my function.


Let me not use this to hide my function from me.
I would use this as an opportunity to fulfill my function. 
This may threaten my ego, but cannot change my function in any way.



EDGAR CAYCE DAILY READING
Think on This...

Then, we would give that not only must the body-mind turn to the spiritual promises that are a part of its mental and spiritual self, but the environment must be changed; so that the spiritual promises may be put to active service and work to replace the habits with the habits of doing good, doing right, doing justice, being merciful.

Reading 1427-1



No comments:

Post a Comment