Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 68

RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY
PURIM
 From Wikipedia
(Hebrew:  פּוּרִים (help·info) Pûrîm "lots", from the word pur, related to Akkadian pūru) is a Jewish holiday that commemorates the deliverance of the Jewish people in the ancient Persian Empire from destruction in the wake of a plot by Haman, a story recorded in the Biblical Book of Esther (Megillat Esther).
According to the Book of Esther, in the Hebrew Bible, Haman, royal vizier to King Ahasuerus (presumed to be Xerxes I of Persia), planned to kill all the Jews in the empire, but his plans were foiled by Mordecai and his adopted daughter Queen Esther. The day of deliverance became a day of feasting and rejoicing.
Purim is celebrated by giving mutual gifts of food and drink (mishloach manot), giving charity to the poor (mattanot la-evyonim), a celebratory meal (se'udat Purim), and public recitation of the Scroll of Esther (keriat ha-megillah), additions to the prayers and the grace after meals (al hannisim). Other customs include drinking wine, wearing of masks and costumes, and public celebration.


SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."
Luke 23:24

INTERFAITH PRAYER OF THE DAY
O love, O pure deep love, be here, be now.

Be all; worlds dissolve into your stainless endless radiance,
Frail living leaves burn with you brighter than cold stars;
Make me your servant, your breath, your core.

sufi mystic - Jelaluddin Rumi - 13th century


A COURSE IN MIRACLES
Lesson 68
Love holds no grievances.
I would see you as my friend, that I may remember you 
are part of me and come to know myself.


Love holds no grievances. 
When I let all my grievances 
go I will know I am perfectly safe.


Love holds no grievances. 
Let me not betray my Self.


Love holds no grievances. 
I would wake to my Self by 
laying all my grievances aside and wakening in Him.

 EDGAR CAYCE DAILY READING
Think on This...
. . . do not be afraid of giving self in a service--if the ideal is correct. If it is for selfish motives, for aggrandizement, for obtaining a hold to be used in an underhand manner, beware. If it is that the glory of truth may be made manifest, spend it all--whether self, mind, body, or the worldly means--whether in labor or in the coin of the realm.
Reading 1957-1

KOAN OF THE DAY
Where does the soul reside?

RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS
Breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment