Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 46


SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY
Mathew 6:12
Young's Literal Translation
'And forgive us our debts, as also we forgive our debtors.


INTERFAITH PRAYER OF THE DAY
A Buddhist Prayer of Forgiveness
 "If I have harmed anyone in any way
either knowingly or unknowingly
through my own confusions
I ask their forgiveness.
If anyone has harmed me in any way
either knowingly or unknowingly
through their own confusions
I forgive them.
And if there is a situation
I am not yet ready to forgive
I forgive myself for that.
For all the ways that I harm myself,
negate, doubt, belittle myself,
judge or be unkind to myself
through my own confusions
I forgive myself."



A COURSE IN MIRACLES
Lesson 46
God is the Love in which I forgive.

EDGAR CAYCE DAILY READING
Think on This...
For hope and faith are living--living--things! Thus hope springs anew with the growth and the knowledge and the understanding of the light on the way, and that life indeed is an eternal expression of the love of the Father; and that as it gives the expression through the individuality of each and every soul as it comes in material manifestation by the weaknesses, we find the strength in the Lord--and in the glories ever in His beauteous purpose with each soul; that purpose that ye might be the companions, one with Him.
Reading 1504-1



TODAY'S RELIGIOUS iCON
CATHOLIC SAINT OF THE DAY
St. Maria Goretti
Patron of youth, young women, purity, and victims of rape
1890 - 1908
Born in Corinaldo, Ancona, Italy, on October 16 1890; her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. Her father died of malaria and her mother had to struggle to feed her children.
In 1902 an eighteen-year-old neighbor, Alexander, grabbed her from her steps and tried to rape her. When Maria said that she would rather died than submit, Alexander began stabbing her with a knife.
As she lay in the hospital, she forgave Alexander before she died. Her death didn't end her forgivness, however.
Alexander was captured and sentenced to thirty years. He was unrepentant until he had a dream that he was in a garden. Maria was there and gave him flowers. When he woke, he was a changed man, repenting of his crime and living a reformed life. When he was released after 27 years he went directly to Maria's mother to beg her forgiveness, which she gave. "If my daughter can forgive him, who am I to withold forgiveness," she said.


RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS
Forgive all today

RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY
Nirvana Day
from Wikipedia

Parinirvana Day, or Nirvana Day is a Mahayana Buddhist holiday celebrated in East Asia. By some it is celebrated on the 8th February, but by most on the 15th February. It celebrates the day when the Buddha is said to have achieved Parinirvana, or complete Nirvana, upon the death of his physical body. Buddhists celebrate the death of the Buddha because they believe that since he was Enlightened, he was free from the pain of physical existence.
Passages from the Nirvana Sutra describing the Buddha's last days of life are often read on Parinirvana Day. Other observances include meditation and visits to Buddhist temples and monasteries. Also, the day is a time to think about one's own future death and on the deaths of loved ones. This thought process reflects the Buddhist teachings on impermanence.
Some Western Buddhist groups also celebrate Parinirvana Day. Parinirvana day is a very special day and this is respected by many other religions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment